Keene State College: Post Masters Certificate in Educational Leadership 2006
Antioch New England Graduate School: M.S. Environmental Studies 1992
Colby College: B.A. Biology 1983
The Compass School, Westminster, Vermont 2000-present
Assistant Director 2009-present
- Coordination and leadership of educational program
Director of School 2005-2009
- Responsible for leading all educational and administrative programs.
- Teaching science, math, and technology. Coaching soccer and teaching music exploratories. Advisor.
- Teaching graduate school teaching methods courses at Compass-integrating the two programs.
- Supervised numerous student teachers.
Antioch New England Graduate School, Keene, N.H. 1997-present
- Graduate courses: Science Teaching Methods, Biology Concepts, and Middle School Science Methods
Brattleboro Union High School, Brattleboro, Vermont 1992-93 and 1996-2000
- Taught chemistry, biology, senior science seminar.
- Voted "Teacher of the Year" 1997.
- Extensive involvement with school district and with VISMT creating and assessing learning standards documents. Member of school action plan team.
Thayer Jr./Sr. High School, Winchester, N.H. 1993-1996
- Taught science in an integrated 10th grade team at this CES school under principal Dennis Littky.
- Department Head. Advisor. Coached soccer. Coached Odyssey of the Mind teams. NEASC accreditation team.
Brattleboro Retreat, Brattleboro, Vermont 1987-1990
Mental Health Worker
- Supervised adolescent psychiatric and substance abuse patients.
Georgetown Day School, Washington, D.C. 1985-86
Watkinson School, Hartford, Conn. 1983-85
- At these two private day schools: Taught biology, chemistry, math. Advisor. Coached soccer, basketball.
Additional Credentials and Skills: State-certified educator (7-12 science) since 1992; CDL bus driver's license; extensive experience as performing musician; extensive experience in athletics (soccer, baseball, basketball, others); skier (downhill, X-country); yoga; conversational Spanish; former certifications include Water Safety Instructor and Advanced First Aid and Backcountry Skills; extensive camping/backpacking experience; many years as a summer camp counselor and director.