Mission and Vision
Compass School provides a unique model for publicly accessible education, serving children in our region while making an impact on the larger educational world. We embody an inspiring learning community that balances personalized education with high expectations for all, leading each student to successful graduation and post-graduate experiences.
The Compass School inspires and educates students to gain the knowledge, skills, and personal qualities essential to pursuing their dreams and having a positive impact on the world.
At Compass, we...
- Integrate rigorous academics with teaching to the whole person (intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and aesthetic).
- Live and teach our values, creating a community of respect, tolerance, democracy, healthy relationships, and service.
- Establish student responsibility, leadership and ownership.
- Recognize the importance of great teachers-skilled, committed, inspired, whole people.
- Ensure that all students experience a variety of opportunities and approaches to learning.
- Personalize our approaches and attend to individual needs and passions so that every child can experience success.
- Hold high expectations for all.
- Combine classroom learning and real world experiences that extend education beyond the school walls.