Compass School develops graduates who are knowledgeable, can use their minds well, are skillful communicators, with strong sense of self and the ability to work well with others.
The Compass program is thoughtfully designed to develop:
- Knowledge and Academic Achievement through rigorous courses designed to address meaningful issues using a wide range of learning styles.
- Citizenship and Leadership through involvement in school wide democracy, community service and interaction with diverse cultures near and far.
- Self Awareness and Confidence through our rigorous portfolio evaluation process requiring all students to reflect deeply on their strengths and areas for growth.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills through diverse experiences that demand students apply their learning to real world challenges.
- The Ability to Work with Others and Value Diversity by working closely with peers and adults to create a stronger community at Compass and in the larger world.